A two-day workshop about magnetic tapes digitization was led by Okkar together with his teammates and trainers in December 2019 at IPRD (International and Public Relation Department) under Ministry of Information. The workshop was funded by MOWCAP (Memory of the World) ACC small grants programme. Obviously, it is a must to put our focus on films but other heritages like tapes (Umatic tapes, Beta cam etc.) are still being under threat. Therefore, SMF is trying its best to save them all from every single angle. There were nine participants from different background such as government TV channel like MRTV, Ministry of Information, freelance filmmakers, editors and journalists. During the workshop, after the trainers have demonstrated the digitization of Umatic tapes, the participants in groups practiced the process and finished digitizing one film and two tapes of news documentaries.
- Movie Time “Koon Hna Eain Tan Ka Ma Jan Bon” by Director Maung Wunna
- Save Myanmar Film organized a “Film Digital Restoration Workshop” conducted by Imagica Lab (Japan)
- Save Myanmar Film conducted two-day Magnetic Tapes Digitization Workshop at IPRD funded by MOWCAP ACC small grants
- “The Daughter of Japan” is handed over to Myanmar and digital restored version is screened in Yangon for the first time.
- The Daughter of Japan” is being scanned to be digitally restored