In May 2018, Save Myanmar Film Team was successfully able to inscribe “The Emerald Jungle” (1934) together with Myanmar Motion Picture Development Department as The Memory of the World Regional Register for Asia/Pacific Region. Dr. Kyi Shwin from Myanmar National Commission for UNESCO, attended the General Meeting of MOWCAP held in Gwangju, the Republic of Korea to present and inscribe “The Emerald Jungle” as The Memory of the World Regional Register for Asia/Pacific Region. We are very honoured and thankful to Dr.Kyi Shwin for giving the presentation for the film as a representative of Myanmar and for attempting to be able to make a successful inscription as a Myanmar film which has become the very first inscription for UNESCO as Myanmar audio-visual heritage. Dr. Kyi Shwin accepted the inscription certificates on behalf of Save Myanmar Film team and Ministry of Information and awarded them back to Save Myanmar Film and Ministry of Information in Yangon.
- Movie Time “Koon Hna Eain Tan Ka Ma Jan Bon” by Director Maung Wunna
- Save Myanmar Film organized a “Film Digital Restoration Workshop” conducted by Imagica Lab (Japan)
- Save Myanmar Film conducted two-day Magnetic Tapes Digitization Workshop at IPRD funded by MOWCAP ACC small grants
- “The Daughter of Japan” is handed over to Myanmar and digital restored version is screened in Yangon for the first time.
- The Daughter of Japan” is being scanned to be digitally restored